Sunday, November 27, 2005

Oh my gosh... My retailing team actually got selected for this retailing competition... UNBELIEVABLE... Well, hope that we will be able to make it and eventually win.. Yeah.. i noe.. the experience is more important.. But who doesn't hope to win eh!!! :P Excellent for our CVs man... haha...

Well, about 3 more days to my exams.. Have been thinking as usual... I miss those old days in sec sch and JC when I was in Netball.. Oh my.. I was so active... Ask some of my frens and they will say that i am really sporty.. Always netball this netball that... But I had to go quit Netball in SMU.. Actually i would have stayed on if the people in there were much friendlier... Well, I only played for one year.. when the seniors were there... They were really great and fun to be with.. Especially Dahlia and Jade.. Though they were still around in the 2nd year, but things were kinda bad then.. No coach.. Even with a coach, they did not want to accept him.. Moreover, he took time from his busy schedule just to come and train us.. And yet.. they were so picky.. I tell u.. it is a shame that they did not get Mr Bok.. He will really bring them to greater heights then they were now... Look at what he did to our school... Come to think of it.. our team also disliked him when he first came to coach us... Then he kinda grew on us.. and he was real passionate about Netball.. We were one of the only teams he coached in SHSS.. And he has a club outside which I was a part of.. But again.. some of the seniors left.. And everything just changed.. I have barely touched a Netball for about a year now... Kinda miss those times..

I remembered that i used to love jogging... Actually i still do.... Just that now i am not so used to the sun... We used to train in hot weathers.. And the Netball gers would be one of the tannest people.. :P But actually i know that the UV rays from the sun can be very damaging to the skin.. But who cares then?? Now i am kinda fairer but i hate to be super fair or 'white'. It is just not me.. I would love to pick up jogging again though... So maybe during this holidays i shall get some friends out to go jogging with me.. I remembered that i used to go Bedok reservoir by myself in the evenings to jog.. Gotta maintain my standard as a captain leh... But now.. I dun dare to go to Bedok reservoir cos of all the rumors... Now i have shifted house... and i am not so near that area.. So where to jog?? Around the stadium i guess? Gyms are useless.. especially running the threadmill.. U are not breathing fresh air.. And it can be very deceiving.. You think you are running fast cos the threadmill is going real fast.. But actually you are not... So i always prefer to train outside.. It is much better.. Gyms are more for toning up your muscles and so on... Oh.. and i am such a land person, i dread swimming.... By the way, our team used to train in the water to build up our leg muscles.. But that was my old coach's style.. After that a few of us could not jump as high as we normally can.. So our new coach stopped this training... I really think that swimming makes your shoulders and thighs broad.. But of course, i know it has something to do with your swimming style as well.. But i still prefer the land.. Many people hate jogging.. but i think it is one of the best exercises.... Haiz... miss those times.. I think i may not want to play competitive Netball anymore.. but recreational is fine.. SO must get back those old gals... And play for fun... First i need to train my stamina... Last time, running 6 or 10 rounds around the stadium at a standard speed is no problem.. Now running 6 or 10 rounds should not be a problem.. But i think i will be much slower... Well, all it takes is training to get back into the groove...

Well, now i have to stop reminiscing in nostalgia and get back to my studies....

Rowie loves Jay @ 9:18 AM.