Monday, August 14, 2006 Rowie loves Jay @ 12:52 PM.
My internship has ended! So I decided to blog my Philips Story.. Just to help me recall the times at Philips!
My very first day, I was made to photocopy a lot of stuff! And it took me 3/4 of a day to finish photocopying! So I thought... This is really SUPER boring man! First month, I was practically dragging myself to work.. I was already hoping for a public holiday to come soon! In May, nothing major happened.. The HR director (*dun really know what his title is) from Holland came to Singapore.. He is a soft-spoken guy.. Very gentlemanly.. Very charming & captivating.. And me, the small fry sat beside him during lunch! Though I did not say much, I was captivated by him.. And he is really tall! Then came the Open House. Initially I dreaded going... So I kept saying I dun want to go! But they needed people, cos very little staff were going.. At that time, I really dun understand.. One person will not make a difference. Besides, I won't be asking my family to come down. So until one day before, I still refused to go.. So they decided to give me sth to do.. Be a helper on that day. So I agreed to go and help out! So the day before I had a briefing.. I made some new frens that day.. Helped to paste up signs and all... During open house, though it was kinda boring at times.. At least there was someone always accompanying me! Then came June, where they had a Teambuilding event at Sentosa! I was allowed to go and help out.. Even became the gamemaster for 2 games... Quite fun lah.. Made a couple of new frens too. During the event, the last activity was building sandcastles.. Ai yo yo.. that was my fave.. I've always loved building sandcastles.. It's a pity I cannot participate.. HR people.. go there to help out not to participate.. Boo Hoo... Came back from Teambuilding with a different feeling.. People start smiling at me, and I dunno who they are. Must be from that Teambuilding. Then came July, more teambuildings. Went to Sentosa again with a different group. This time, it was different. Boring for me, cos I did not do much. But got to know a couple of managers better :P In July, I made a new friend over Sametime. It was very interesting cos he does not know how I look like, but I have seen him a couple of times at the bus-stop and while walking towards the train station. Towards the end of the internship, feeling very melancholy.. Extended one week just to help out.. But it was a very sad feeling... Very "she bu de" feeling. But at the same time, I was happy to leave the work. Cos the work is really boring! My dept was very sweet. They gave me a watch and a card. And one of my colleagues wrote me a letter and gave me some small presents. Aww.. So sweet! Out of my whole time at Philips, I am happy that I have made some friends along the way. Some I will always cherish. I am sentimental mah! Hee....
This is my Philips story summarized. There are some little details which I have left out but are equally important which I hope I will always remember!