Sunday, February 25, 2007 Rowie loves Jay @ 11:16 PM.
Wow.. just came back from a field trip!! Was better than I expected it to be.. This is the story of my whole field trip! Got up in the morning at 5am.. Yawn... Left the house at 6am. Thanks to Dove, I got a lift from her cousin.. A bit sleepy... But Prof said I slept the earliest the night before.. But I did not sleep early.. I laid on bed at 12mn, but tossed and turned for quite some time! I guess it is the power of a good shower and make-up.. Haha... Had a long ride to Yong Peng for stopover.. Did not feel like eating anything.. Saw some people eating away!! Wow... But the toilet was pretty disgusting!! Then had a long ride to the oil palm plantation... Everyone was sleeping away in the bus!! Very comfy.. A lot of leg room in the bus... :P Finally we reached the plantation.. Was very hot and there were a lot of mosquitoes and flies!! Luckily I got my insect repellant ready! But no use.. they still flew around me a couple of times!!
When we reached the plantation... there were like about 100 people in the whole trip gathering round my prof & 2 other managers talking.. Cannot really hear them.. Worse still cannot see.. Hee... too short!! Got to see a few plants before going to the oil mill!! Interesting and nice air at the nursery.. Good view as well... But the oil mill was the worse part! Our guide at the mill spoke only Mandarin and only talked to like one person!! So the rest of the pack was neglected.. Plus it was smelly, hot and very dusty!! Ok, do I sound like a pampered Singaporean?? Haha.. But I did not complain then.. Only till now!! Had our lunch there.. Very simple lunch.. Just to fill up our stomach.. But could not really eat much!! Ate for the sake of eating! Maybe its cos of the smell.. Usually I take one or two days to get used to a foreign air and all that.. Then finally we went to the hotel!! Ah.. such a pretty sight.. The room was great!! Big and spacious.. Pillows were super comfy!! Toilet was nice... We checked in at about 4.40pm. Had to be at the dinner at 645pm. So I decided to soak in the bathtub!! Went in at about 5.30. Came out at 6pm.. Oops... But it was so shiok!! No bubbles but still shiok!! We were about 5 mins late for the dinner!! Now come the interesting part..
Dove and I were seated at table 5... The cute guy was at the table too... Talked to a couple of new frens at the table.. Usually I dun really talk a lot... But I guess... since we are on a trip.. and it's my last term.. Don't mind making a few new friends.. The guy sitting beside me was quite friendly.. Haha... Actually they all were.... Especially when they dished food for me!! It was nice talking to them.. Some of them were really funny.. Plus one of the emcees was sitting at our table... I can remember all their names, except 2. Did not get a chance to talk to the cute guy.. But at least he smiled at me.. Then the party started.. The emcee started playing games and getting people to sing.. Roslan was a great singer.. Love that song that he sang!! It was quite fun!! Then we went back to our rooms around 10.30pm...
Next morning, met the cute guy and his fren at the lift.. He said "morning" to me!! So that were the only words he said to me.. But at least now I can look him in his eyes and say "Hi" in school. But but.. dun get me wrong... He already has a gf.. And what's more she was there on the trip with him all the time... I think they have been together for quite some time already!! Lucky gal!!! I wish them all the best!! On the trip back, stopped over for some "shopping". Not really, just visited Jonka street and went to some shop to get some snacks!! It was quite interesting.. When we went to Jonka street... We ended up walking along the street with the bunch of guys from our table..Naturally we became a temporary clique.. Till later they went to eat chicken rice ball AFTER a heavy breakfast!! Nuts... Then lunch and back home.. Miss home!! I usually dun like journeys back home and tend to be a bit moody!! I guess its becos its back to the usual routine again, that's why!! Well, I think I enjoyed the trip though it was very dusty!! The best part of it is making new friends!! :P